Carnage / Horde / US - Mal'Ganis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlocks Demo Info (Basic)

2 posters

Go down

Warlocks Demo Info (Basic) Empty Warlocks Demo Info (Basic)

Post  Jinxt Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello, my fellow locks! I heard the discussion in vent last night regarding demo specs and since I have been playing demo exclusively lately I thought I would share some things if you aren't familiar with the spec.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for talents.

Glyphs for Demo

Prime Glyphs:
Glyph of Metamorphosis
Glyph of Immolate
Glyph of Lash of Pain

Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Life Tap
Glyph of Shadow Bolt
Your Choice

Minor Glyphs:
Your Choice
Your Choice
Your Choice

Pets:
Single Target: Succubus
AoE: Felguard

Gear:
iLvl 359 Reputation Gear:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The warlock forum on EJ is awesome. The person handling the lock class is pretty damn good with keeping the info up to date with each of the patches. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
covers gemming, enchants, stat priorities, etc. and it's well laid out.

Jinxt jocolor

Last edited by Jinxt on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Rep Gear)

Jinxt

Back to top Go down

Warlocks Demo Info (Basic) Empty Re: Warlocks Demo Info (Basic)

Post  Lucky Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm

hey jinxt, i haven't been playing my lock very long, basically i just leveled him one day when i decided i was done with my shammy and now he's my main, anyways, i tried out demo a little bit ago but i wasn't getting the numbers on dps that i felt i should, currently i'm destro but i really liked the whole feel of demo and was wondering if you had any tips or pointers on the whole priority system. I did what EJ said but i still came up 3k dps less than when i was destro which according to the sim i should be doing about the same dps, a little less here and then and a ton more on aoe stuff. any help would be nice since like i said, my lock is my newest toon and i'm still learning haha.

Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinxt Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 am

Lucky,

Honestly, the same goes for me. I picked the lock back up about 6 weeks ago now after being kitty dps for 3+ yrs so I too am still learning the class and spec. The recent changes probably had the most impact on demo specs IMO.

The two things that impacted it the most were:

• The loss of being able to spec into ISF (Improved Soul Fire) for the haste buff. While haste isn't our top stat it comes in third at our current gear lvls so any loss of a significant haste buff is going to hurt, a lot!

• The change to inferno which now increases the length of immolate. Why did this matter? Until this, if you casted your HoG (Hand of Gul'dan) followed by immolate, when your HoG's cd was up, immolate was about to fall off so you could time it almost perfectly and refresh immolate right when it was going to fall off making the most out of the damage ticks. Now, HoG's cd is up and immolate isn't anywhere near the end of its duration. HoG is significant dmg so you have to cast it when its up but you refresh immolate before you've able to take advantage of the extra time its up so you gain nothing from the extra ticks inferno gives you.

Other changes that hurt demo were:

• Immolate aura damage reduction by 30%. This really nerfed aoe dmg in certain fights.
• Felguard dmg reduced by 20%. WTF 20%!!??!! IDK if this was due to the extra dmg Orcs get or the change to mastery but it sucks!

How to get the most dps out of the class.

1. Make sure you are hit capped at 17%. I was at 16.99 during our last raid and the number of misses was unacceptable. I have a mod that gives me a special message when a spell misses, gets reflected or what not and I was missing 2-3 times in a row when casting some spells so that 0.01% chance to miss equates to a lot of misses.

2. DOT uptime is critical. Make sure you are using a good dot timer so you know when to refresh.

3. Take advantage of decimation: "When you Shadowbolt, Incinerate or Soul Fire a target that is at or below 25% health, the cast time of your Soul Fire spell is reduced by 40% for 10 sec." You can basically shoot fireballs up the boss' ass for the last 25% of his health but make sure you keep your dots up, cast HoG on cd.

4. Mastery was buffed in the patch by like 33% so the stat is actually good for demo locks now.

5. Make sure you have your three shards before each encounter and use soulburn when appropriate. I try to save one so when the boss hits 25% I can cast an instant soul fire, pop Meta and start the soul fire shoot out!

6. Whenever your proc'd buffs are up, use them!

7. Get PowerAuras addon, this mod is awesome for any class, not just locks.

8. Last but probably the most important thing is to use Metamorphisis when its up, you do sick dmg as a demon with the changes to mastery. Try to time it with lust and when the boss is in decimation hp range.

I am sure there's some stuff I have left out since I am still learning myself but these are some things that stand out to me. I am still trying to perfect a lot of the techniques I mention here but it will only come with experience playing the class.

Jinxt

Last edited by Jinxt on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more....)

Jinxt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum